PTPS [Public Transportation Priority Systems]
The Public Transportation Priority Systems give priority to public transportation such as buses by means of bus lanes, warnings to vehicles which are illegally running in the bus lane, and traffic signal preemption.
- Improve convenience for users
- Encourage the use of public transportation
- Ensure on-time bus operation
- Reduce bus waiting time at intersections
- Reduce the number of traffic violators driving in a bus lane
- Ensure bus safety (When making a right turn or merging into traffic out of the bus bay)