Participation in the ITS Standard Committee
The International Activities Committee and it's International Standard Organization Subcommittee in UTMS Japan were established in 1993, the same year ISO/TC204 started its activities, and they are involved in the ISO/TC204 activities.
ISO/TC204 activities are considerably active in our country. Eight organizations share the sponsorships of ISO/TC204 WG1 to WG16. UTMS Japan, as one of those organizations, sponsors four WGs and undertakes a SWG. In addition, UTMS Japan sends leaders and experts to thd WGs and its members to almost all the other WGs.
The followings are the brief of its activities.
1. Activities of WGs undertaken by UTMS Japan
- 1. WG4 Automatic Vehicle Identification / Automatic Equipment Identification
- 2. WG9 Integrated Transport Information Management and Control
- 3. WG10 Traveller Information Systems
- 4. WG15 Dedicated Short Range Communication(Infrared group)
2. UTMS Japan sends members to the following WGs
- 1. WG1 System Architecture
- 2. WG8 Public Transport/Emergency
- 3. WG16 Wide Area Communications/Protocol and Interfaces